Almost Single

Indian authors ………

I don’t quite know why I picked up this book(Almost Single by Advaita Kala) from the Odyssey Bookshop when I went to Chennai in Nov 2007. But I just felt like picking it up on reading the story on the cover. The story inside lived up to the expectations I had on reading the cover. I am sure if my Mom or Dad had read it, they would never have liked it. But this is what refers to the mindset that a modern day working woman who is single or even otherwise might have.

I truly agree with some of the observations made by the author. And some incidents are rather thought provoking. Like the matrimony site for example, these things are absolutely true all throughout India whether it is South, North, East or West.

With young Indian authors like Chetan Bhagat, Advaita Kala and Tushar Raheja arriving on the circuit, Indian writing in English has become really much better and relates more to our contemporary living more than anything else. Hope more and more authors come up in the Indian writing line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To win a lottery!

Books and being desperate in Dubai!

Chennai or Dubai?