Books and being desperate in Dubai!

I have been reading a lot of books lately and have not written anything on the blog since 5 months. But the one good thing that has come out this year is that I am back into reading books. First one was Desperate in Dubai. From the title I thought it might be about desperate expats sunken with loans and all the worries that go with the expat life. But it turned about to be quite different. Although the storyline was good, I really wished it was not just a novel which was like a tribute to the best hotels in Dubai. I mean people who get to go to these expensive places are not really the type who sit and read books at home like me. And people like me , well I have never been to either Atlantis or Atmosphere to comment about its interiors and what colors would have made it better.

The other book I read was Cecelia Ahern's the Time of my life. This one was also okie-dokie. Bit too romantic and optimistic for my liking. Again a very different idea for a storyline, but unrealistic. There is a new generation of writers that are exploring different concepts these days. The only drawback being that somewhere along the book, the plot gets too romantic and unrealistic. Maybe if this could be set right, these books would be definitely worth a lot more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To win a lottery!

Chennai or Dubai?