Saying good bye to what was once a dream job….

Recession, recession everywhere…….while it has always been bad enough that I was working on temporary contract positions all throughout my stint in Dubai; I was hoping that at least this one will click but even that was not meant to be. Thanks to this recession. What is going to happen now?They have put a freeze on permanent positions , and I being the risk taker that I am went ahead went ahead , applied for a lesser known company and got through. Am I doing the right thing by leaving my current employer which obviously in everybody else’s eyes is the best you can get in UAE?The problem is the boredom that sets into me inevitably after one year on any job. I am not suited for these desk jobs and I don’t know how many times I will repeat the same story before finally getting completely tired of doing the same thing over and over again.What is my dream job……..I really don’t know now. I wish I could go meet a career counsellor but Dubai doesn’t really have too many options without paying good money for that as well.Here the whiter the skin the better I suppose. Last 3 years I went through this traffic nightmare from Sharjah to Dubai starting at 5.30 am daily from my home. I had to wake up at 4.45 am for this. Something I have not even done for my 12th board exams.And I guess it’s not just the job alone, life itself here has become very lonely, I didn’t have any friends or relatives here. It’s not enough to work with the best company here if you cannot bring your dear ones here. Every time I head back home I get the same questions, when are your parents coming here.
How long can I keep avoiding these questions ..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To win a lottery!

Books and being desperate in Dubai!

Chennai or Dubai?