Books , books and more books.

It's been a while since I posted anything meaningful on blogger. Well reason being that I was on holiday in December. And January has been really hectic with new projects , parties et al.

Apart from that for the first time in many years I have read 3 books in 2 months time. This is really an achievement for a time constrained person like me. The books are : The Immigrant by Manju Kapur, Married but Available by Abhijit Bhaduri and Grandmother's Tale by R.K.Narayan. Admitted that the last one was rather a small book but I consider all this an achievement nevertheless.

Of the lot the book I liked the most was Married but Available by Abhijit Bhaduri. Of course with due respect to R.K.Narayan who still remains my most favorite author till date. Its just that MBA(Married but Available) dealt with so many real life issues and yet had a good feel about it. And unlike most NRI authors it was not degrading India for a change.I liked the way he brought in simple management principles into the story and gave it a different perspective. I hope to read more of this author(unfortunately havent been able to spot his other book Mediocre but Arrogant).

I am yet to read the White Tiger by Aravind Adiga which is adorning my bookshelf currently. But I am sure I should finish that in another one week if I maintain this momentum with my books. Will try to review that ASAP.

Comments

Abhijit Bhaduri said…
Thanks for reading Married But Available.
May I invite you to post your views on my website at http://abhijitbhaduri.com/2008/10/married-but-available-write-your-review-here/
Regards
Abhijit

Popular posts from this blog

To win a lottery!

Books and being desperate in Dubai!

Chennai or Dubai?