Why we choose careers that don’t make us happy - Part 1

Human behaviour is influenced by our perception of the world and other people and events in it.When we look back on some of the choices we have made,there is always this feeling of what might have been.What if we had gone to a different college. What if we had not taken up that 1st job.

About me, I chose(or rather my parents) to study computer science and engineering on the year Y2k.Not that this is a bad choice for many. But it simply was the wrong choice for a person like me.I struggled through this course for 4 years. Programming lab exams were always a nightmare. I had been a pretty good student all throughout school. Now I was "average".Whatever that means.

But as luck would have it, I still got through a campus interview and landed my first job as an application developer(read programmer) at a medium-sized company.But here the matter got worse. From being average I went down to below average.....:-(

That year I wrote several competitive exams CAT,GRE, SCJP for programmer certification.I flunked the 1st and last and got a decent score in GRE.But my parents decided not to spend 15-20 lakhs and send me to US.They decided it was better off to get me married and registered my name on KeralaMatrimony instead. ....To be continued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To win a lottery!

Books and being desperate in Dubai!

Chennai or Dubai?