About Creative Writing- 1

Creative Writing is an art by itself. In the past I have had the opportunities to participate in quite a few creative writing competitions both in school and college. I have never won any competitions, but the satisfaction of participating in it, as well as comparing yourself with the Winners, gave me a good idea of where I was going wrong.

Time passed and as life dragged on , I forgot what it was to write creatively such that you grab the readers attention and sustain it for a longer period of time.

Now I have decided to write atleast something from my own perspective on things around me.The ability to find a good subject that sustains readers interest is eluding me now. So I have decided to write on everything that I find interesting for now.

I read this in an essay emailed to me long ago, I couldnt have agreed more with the author on this aspect:"While perceiving the theme is important for any form of writing, the ability to pen down the thoughts with excellent written communication skills is of equal importance. The secret to mastering this art is no overnight affair but requires tremendous toiling - which would include voracious reading and continuous writing habits. The more you read - and whatever you read from any discipline of study enlarges your imagination from a wider spectrum."

I read a lot of books, so I have decided that I shall start my creative writing sessions by writing my own reviews for all favourite books(that is quite a large number). This should keep me occupied for some time!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To win a lottery!

Books and being desperate in Dubai!

Chennai or Dubai?